Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/communi9/public_html/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/ContentTag.php on line 86
Casper and Tempur-Pedic Mattresses are one of the pioneering brands of the market which are greatly acknowledged and recognized across the globe. Apart from the appreciation associated with its name, they also offer extraordinary bedding without compromising the comfort level. Each of these mattresses have distinct qualities and are specialized in their own way to promise quality. In order to figure out the differences and key features let’s have a parallel comparison between these both types which will make it easier for customers to sensibly choose the form of mattress.
- Both are purely made from foam.
- Possesses the knack of providing pressure relief.
- In charge of proposing many models of mattresses.
- Casper is more responsive when pressure is exerted.
- Casper consists of a soft polyester blend.
- Tempur-Pedic provides suitable temperature regulation.
- Tempur-Pedic has deep sink age property.
- Tempur-Pedic consists of more layers including Tempur-APR+ Foam.
- Casper’s design comprises of three prominent layers; upper and lower poly foam and middle is memory foam.
- Level of firmness offered by these three layers is Medium 5.5.
- It supports people weighing from 130-230 pounds inclusive of side sleepers.
- It’s thickness slightly varies lesser than the other kinds of mattresses.
- Similar to Casper original, it has three layers with a slight addition of poly foam base.
- The firmness level it offers is 7.5.
- It more suitably supports the weight of more than 230 pounds.
- The amount of thickness is 8.5.
- It is the only type from Casper series consisting of an extra Latex comfort layer.
- It is designed with additional core of high density poly foam.
- The thickness of the mattress is the highest of 11.5”
The Tempur-Pedic mattresses have a variety of 11 types. These include similar layers of polyester cover; core of high density polyfoam; and a comfort layer of memory foam. But some vary in thickness and firmness and let us consider them.
- Cloud Series: The thickness level moves between 11.5 to 13.5 and have a firmness level of 3(soft)
- Contour Series: The thickness measures from 12.5 to 13.5 with a firmness level of 7.
- Grand Bed Series: The distinct quality of Grand bed is that it’s cover is designed with silk and cashmere. The level of thickness is around 15” so it is comparatively more thick than the rest.
Casper successfully sustains a well balanced approach regarding the matter of pressure relief. The three suitable layers i.e. core of memory foam providing sink and the other latex foam supporting lift and poly foam for foundation gives it a persistent and constant flow. Tempur-Pedic lacks the balanced feature of structure. Suitable for side sleepers, it slowly responds to pressure and provides a deep sink in the mattress. Tempur-Pedic provides almost null level of bounce. Casper has generally more cooling properties than Tempur-Pedic.
It is widely known fact that every person will feel different amount of firmness as the body mass, shape varies from person to person. The average rating Casper provided is 7 which is slightly higher than the standard industry rating of about 6.5. This gives Casper the edge on the firmer side.
The Casper agrees to give an even duo of pressure relief and support as well since the comfort layer provides the sink and the Zoned support and high density poly foam base sustains the lift. Thereby it highly suits most of the Combo sleepers.
On the other side, Tempur-Pedic is softer as compared to the Casper mattresses. The firmness level is quite low varying from 4 to 6. The upper most layer is made up of comfortable and pleasant structure. The sink it provides supports a massive level of body contouring specially around the shoulders and hips. It suits side sleepers but stomach and back sleepers may bring them inconvenience.
One of the most troubling situations faced by many sleepers is overheating of the body. One of the key reasons for overheating is lack of air flow obstructed by exaggerated contouring and mattresses retaining the heat. The material of memory foam used in Tempur-Pedic has a slight issue of overheating because the amount of sink it provides the body blocks most of the air flow. Thereby Casper is better for hot sleepers because it maximizes air flow because of its bouncy structure. Another key feature which is used while making the Casper mattress is open cell foam which minimizes the accumulation of heat.
The less motion felt while the body moves around the mattress the better it is designed. In this regard, Tempur-Pedic formula of memory foam is highly suitable since it sustains pressure and resist the transfer of motion. Casper also supports motion isolation to a great extent but if one has to prioritize this feature, Tempur-Pedic should be their good to go option.
The two varieties of mattress greatly support this feature of responsiveness. Casper mattress consisting of memory foam and open cell poly foam responds to the pressure exerted by the weight of the person and keeps the body parts well aligned. The memory foam in Tempur-Pedic also makes it pressure resistant, but nevertheless, it still provides contouring more than the usual so it doesn’t suit every sleeper.
If we consider these two types, the Tempur-Pedic flex hybrid mattress sufficiently provides the edge support. While Casper suffers with slight issues around the edges when any weight is applied.
Off-Gassing And Smell
Initially, every mattress is bound to give some kind of odor when they are brought in the house because of their newness. But the smell isn’t problematic to health and also fades away within a certain amount of time.
Pick The Casper If …
- You are a combination sleeper and tend to change multiple positions at night. The zoned support layer helps support the should and neck
- If you like to experience a balanced foam feel. Casper is responsive and Tempur-Pedic memory foam is less responsive.
Pick The Tempur-Pedic If …
- If you want a firmness of your choice. Tempur-Pedic has so many mattress of different firmness range which help you have the mattress of your choice.
- You really like the memory foam feel and have had a previous good experience
- If you have a good budget.
Prices, Sizes And Value
Now it all depends on what you are willing to buy. Tempur-Pedic mattresses are a bit expensive but obviously have a really good feel. While Casper even though have variety of ranges, are not as good as Tempur-Pedic.